Wednesday, April 15, 2009

How secure is "Life without walls" anyway?

According to Microsoft, this is totally secure...
I wish I was kidding...


So Microsoft has unveiled it's latest PR move to move units of Windows 7. Apparently Windows 7 is more secure than both Mac OS X and Linux. My first response to this was O RLY NUB? I will agree that arguing Mac VS. PC does eventually come down to immature squabbles over who's computer looks better. I do however feel totally and completely right in saying that this statement is absolute bullshit.
With the current number of Mac viruses hovering somewhere in the nebulous regions of "none at all" and "If you're the most unlucky person in the world you'll get this", this was possibly one of the worst PR decisions that Microsoft has made in quite some time. One of the possable reasons for this is that your Mac will let you know occasionally when there is a much needed security update, Windows XP however, seems to have no problem letting the man in the black coat climb through the window (no pun intended). I do have several month's experience with Windows 7, and as far as security updates go, I have failed to download even one. The loading bar just sits there while (presumably) contacting the download server.


So all in all, is Windows 7 more secure that Mac OS X or Linux? I don't know, you tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment