Sunday, September 6, 2009

Problem? I'm on my way!

Let me take this opportunity to take you back to the year 2000, the year when George W. took the Earth by storm, the Pace 3D Edge AGP Voodoo Banshee 2D/3D card was teh shit, and a little-known game called Majesty came out. Let me give you a bit more background; some time in early 2000, a younger me was looking through the demo disks that came with a subscription to MacMall Magazine (or something similar). Starved for something to play on my Bondi Blue iMac, I stumbled onto a superb game called Myth II: Soulblighter, incidently made by Bungie, back when they made anything worth playing. This sparked an nterest in the fantasy genre, and so, for my birthday that year I was given a game called Majesty. I was instantly in awe of it, the wit, the charm, everything about it was stunningly well done.
Now, time accelerates, and in the year 2003 or thereabouts I heard about Majesty Legends. I was suppoed to be everything we hoped for, Majesty except that it had 'ZOMG it h4s 3d gr4f1x lololol!1!!'. Unfortunatly Cyberlore, who made Majesty, collapsed before it could be completed. We were all sad.
Finally once more hope has dawned upon the horizon, for yet another company has attempted to strike that elusive chord once more with the creativly titled, Majesty 2. It releases in a few weeks on Sept. 18.

No comments:

Post a Comment